Gift Ideas for the Mom Who Works at Home
As a mom who works at home part-time (when I’m not chasing my toddler) there are some things I swear by to make my daily work-life balance easier and some things I’d love to have. These must-have items of mine would also make a great gift for the work at home mom on your list trying to balance a career and home life.
My Top 9 Gifts for the Work-at-Home Mom
A soft baby carrier is key for the work-at-home mom who has a baby under six months at home (once they start crawling all bets are off – then maybe get them childcare for a present, ha!) since it lets her have both hands free and a happy baby against her chest.
A Cozy Cardigan
Get her a cardigan she can shrug into when she’s staying up late finishing up a project after the kids go to bed.
- This cuddly-looking one will do stylish double duty for play dates or school drop-off the next morning.
- Love the hood and pockets on this one — and great price.
Busy sleep-deprived moms barely have time to make coffee let alone want to wait for their coffee to brew after tiredly stumbling into the kitchen in the morning. With one easy push of a button, the Keurig works magic and voila! – coffee is served less than a minute later.
- I have this Keurig and it has served me well (hundreds of times).
- A smaller option that won’t take up as much room on the counter.
Coffee Shop Gift Cards
Some days the at-home coffee won’t cut it and a work at home mom needs a jolt of espresso to keep her awake and alert until that deadline. A coffee gift card to Starbucks or other local coffee shop is always much appreciated.
Coffee Gift Baskets
Don’t like giving gift cards? Try making a coffee gift basket. Stick in the following:
- Bag of coffee beans (try to find out before if she prefers ground or unground).
- Fun Coffee Mug
- Shortbread Biscuits
- Dark chocolate to go with those afternoon coffee pick-me-ups
Blue Apron Subscription
Ok, that was a lot of coffee (cause it’s important!), but let’s talk about food for a minute. When I got a trial week of Blue Apron from a friend who was raving about it, I figured it would be just that: one week of meals. But instead my husband and I quickly became fans. For three nights every week we don’t have to think about dinner, but know a delicious, healthy, meal with already proportioned ingredients is in our fridge waiting to be made. Work at home moms don’t have time to meal plan and Blue Apron has helped eliminate a lot of dinner time stress in our family.
- Purchase her a week or month of meals here.
Don’t forget these ideas! Pin for later:
Bed Work Pillow
I always say I’m going to work at my desk and not in bed…but that rarely happens. Save the WAHM in your life some back pain and gift her a bed pillow ideal for working at a laptop.
- A traditional option.
- I love the look of this one that has a drink holder.
- This option looks weird, but comfortable.
Salon Gift Certificate
Let her treat herself to a new haircut or blow-out. A couple hours of pampering plus a stylish ‘do for those occasions when she needs to leave the house and meet with clients or bosses.
- Want something to throw in with the gift card that she can use right away? I’m obsessed with this stuff my hairdresser introduced me to that is half volumizing hair paste / half dry shampoo.
Toys for Her Kids (and a Little Gift For Her, Too)
Give her a basket with few toys and movies in it (don’t give this to her in front of the kids!) that she can hide and bring out when needed to distract her children with something new so she can get an important email out. Think books, DVDs (for when she’s really desperate), light-up balls, sticker books, etc.
- While you’re at it, throw in a fun book for her, too, that she can read when her deadlines are finally all met and her kids go to bed early. Hey, it could happen.
- One of my favorite books that I would think most moms would enjoy.
Which gift are you thinking of getting the work at home mom in your life? Have any other ideas? Share in the comments below or on the One Day in a City Facebook page!
This article contains affiliate links.